Tuesday, March 11, 2014

C4T ( Teacher that I was assigned)

The word blog spelled out in keyboard letters

Week #1

My permanent teacher for the semester that I was assigned to was Steven Anderson from Blogging About the Web 2.0 Connected Classroom talked about in one of his most recent blogs about Digital Learning Day. Digital learning day is a day that celebrates teachers that is into online learning and wants to encourage students to get into online learning. They offered various classes for teachers to help them get into online learning. The good thing about digital learning day is that it encourages everyone within the school system to participate. From students, teachers and even administrators are encourage to sign up for the online classes that are offered. In my option digital learning day is a good idea. I believe that if every school system would encourage online learning it would increase student’s excitement for learning.

Week #2

Massively Open Online Courses (MOOC)! Yes I said that correctly. I never realized that someone can take a course that is online for free. Steven Anderson introduced his bloggers the world to MOOC. MOOC, I realized is a great online tool to use. You can register for various classes dealing with every aspect of education. Teachers and even administrator can sign up and take online classes. I commented and said I think that the MOOC is a great idea to get teachers, administrators and students involved into online learning. I believe that teachers would benefit from MOOC more because it will open up another form of teaching. It will also help explain some subject in another manner for teachers to understand so that way they can be more effective as a teacher.

Week # 3

During week three I read Steven Anderson’s blog deals with Professional Development within the classroom. He goes on to say the some teachers use effective PD and others chose to not use effective PD. He gave three good tips in his blog concerning Professional Development: 1. K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) 2. Reflect. Reflect. Reflect. 3. Play. I believe that professional development is important in the classroom because as teachers we would not succeed without it.

Week #4

Steven Anderson’s most recent post is his choices for Favorite Apps for Learning on the Go. He goes on to explain that he is always busy from being in schools to traveling to different places until he realizes that he misses learning. I believe you can always learn a little something no matter where you are in the world. Your phone, or tablets always contain many learning apps to keep the brain engaged in learning. So of his favorite apps he listed was: Zite, Flipboard, and Twitter. Who knew that twitter can be so educational? Anderson went on to ask his readers what was our favorite educational app on the go? I commented and said these are great apps that you recommended. One of my favorite apps to use when I am learning on the go is YouTube. YouTube is just that one place where I can go and look up anything from educational videos to funny videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment