Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Comments for Kids Summary

kids having fun

Week #1

During my first week for comments for kids I was asked to read a blog from a child named Jack. Jack lives in Dublin, Ireland. When I read his blog post it really and truly touched my heart. The topic for his blog post was: “What I would do with a thousand euros that was not for me?” Jack said that he would split the money between charities everywhere. He wanted to give his money between the blind, the deaf, homeless and cancer. Once I read his post, I told Jack that is very thoughtful of him to give your money to people in need. Not that many children would give their money to people that they never knew. Jack, your blog post opened my eyes and allowed me to see that there are young people out there who cares about humanity. He replied back to me and said, “Thank You”.

Week #2

During my second week with comments for kids, I was given three different kids post I had to read and post a comment. The first student name was Domenic. Domenic blog was not the average blog. He decided to use his blog to write short story series entitled The Shield. The story is about a two young boys named Braiden and Nondome who are on a quest to find Braiden’s parents and to stop the evil Gandoon from getting the all-powerful shield. I really enjoyed Domenic’s imagination for the story. He really made me forget that I was reading a blog post. His details and deluge throughout the story grab my attention. You are a great writer and I cannot wait to see where this story is going to lead.

My second kid was Brady V. Brady wrote a blog post about the birth stones and what kind of stone each month represent. He also did a short video clip about his birth stone Garnet. He then ended his post asking reader what were their birth stones. I replied, that I was born in March so my birthstone is aquamarine. The one thing that I love about the stone aquamarine is that its color is light blue. Blue, especially light blue, is my favorite color so it is great to have a birthstone that reflects your favorite color.

The third child for the week name was Alexandria. Alexandria topic for her blog post was choosing between text and film. She went and wrote how she chose text or film because she could keep up with the story better. She also enjoys using her imagination when she reads a story. I went and replied by telling her that my favorite series to read are the Harry Potter books. I choose to read books over watching movies because movies do not tell the entire story in comparison to a book. Books allow you to use your imagination, whereas, movies uses the director interpretation of the book.

Week # 3

I had three students I had to comment on for week three comments for kids. The first one is Gulli. Gulli uses his blog post to talk about new mixtapes from various artist. I liked how he was very versatile with his music choices. He not only talked about artist that were in the United States but he also talked about a rap artist from the United Kingdom. I commented on his blog post by giving him a rap artist who I am sure he would like.

The next student name was Gabby C. Gabby did her blog post about her third quarter book project. She posted that the theme to the book was looks can be deceiving. I agree with Gabby that looks can be deceiving. In the end you never know that person you judged in the beginning could end up becoming your best friend.

The third blog came from Carolina Rain. I was not able to find my student so I decided to read her blog post. Carolina wrote a short story on her blog about a mother-in-law who did not like her new son-in-law. Her story went on to say that the mother-in-law poisoned her son-in-law with arsenic in his food. Overall, her short story was great. It really reminded me of a movie that I would see on the Lifetime channel. I hope she continues to write stories like this on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment