Wednesday, March 12, 2014

(C4T)Rotating Teachers 510

Week #1

My first week I read Michael Gorman’s blog entitled 21st Century Educational Technology and Learning. On one of his blog post Michael was giving his top three interactive digital tools that compare and contrast. The top three were Diffen, Venn diagram and Compare and Contrast map. Even though these are classic classroom brainstorming techniques, they have been revamped into mainstream technology programs to help students brainstorm. I commented and said I am glad that you decided to write about various ways students can brainstorm ideas. Even though these are traditional brainstorming ideas, they are still very effective. As a future teacher, I would like to incorporate these brainstorming ideas on computer and compare if it is better than traditional pen and paper.

Week #2

The blog I covered this week was from David Warlick. The blog post I read was about his experience with the snow storm that affected the many states two weeks ago. He was stating that even though he had a really bad trip, he managed to turn it into a humorous ordeal. In my opinion that is how society really is we try to take negative things and make it positive. Just like the saying goes when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Week #3 & 4

My week three and four blog came from Kelly Tenkely who is the author of iLearn Technology. In the week three post she introduced her fellow readers to Stoodle. Stoodle is like a virtual classroom that allows teachers to upload practice exercise or set up chats with their students. It is an excellent tool to poses as a teacher. Because students have questions regarding homework or the night before an exam. Stoodle not only benefits teacher to students but also when teachers are trying to collaborate on a project for Professional development. I went and commented on the blog post: Wow! Stoodle looks like a great online sight I will use. As a future science teacher when students have questions about homework or need extra practice for a test I will use this website for my students to use. I am really excited about using this website. Kelly’s most recent blog post is about an academy that is deviated to another style of learning. Anastasis learning is through creative thinking, inquiry and creativity. The academy starts in preschool and goes through eighth grade. The semester is broken down into a 5 week blocks and the students are all learning the same topic but just on different creative levels. They break down the goal and objectives by age. The students in the academy are all learning in one big room. The purpose of having them in one big room is to allow the students to learn from each other. The teachers are provided inquiry books for the students per grade level. I think that anastasis learning is nothing but project based learning except the students are on their own when it comes to coming up with creative ideas. I think it is a good way of learning but not teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment