Wednesday, April 9, 2014

3 Technology Tools That I Will Use in my Classroom

Stoodle is a website that benefit students, teachers and tutors. Stoodle is an interactive student network that was created in 2011 by a student named Arjun Mehta. Mehta’s sole purpose was to bridge online learning experience with students. Stoodle is a website that allows teachers and students to have class outside the classroom. Teachers can have online office hours where students and parents can ask questions. Students can form study groups online and review for test. Students can also place questions on the white board and teachers can answer them in real time. I will surly use this website when I start teaching. I will have online office hours and I will also post study guides and online review sessions on Stoodle. I will also create an open chat group for the parents so that they can ask me questions during my office hours.

Sweet Search is a great search tool engine for students. It is great search engine that is useful for all grade levels. The great thing about this search engine is that it has been evaluated by a research department in order to help number down the lengthy searches. I will allow students to use this search engine when doing Project Based Learning activities.

Quiz Revolution is a great tool to use for teachers. Not only is it free to sign up for, Quiz Revolution allows teachers to create quizzes without any stress. Once you have created questions you can easily copy and paste them into your blog or your personal page that you created on the website. The great thing about this site you can use videos, pictures, and text all into your quizzes. Teachers can control the time when to start and stop the quizzes. The quizzes can be anything from multiple choice to fill-in- the blank. If you have a hard time coming up with questions for a quiz, Quiz Revolution already have prepared quizzes for teachers to use. Teachers can also review the stats and overall review results of the quiz. As a teacher I will use this online quiz site for my classes. I will use online quizzes as well as class quizzes in order to reassure my students of the content that was covered for that lesson.

1 comment:

  1. I found Stoodle by clicking on the image. You should also put a link in your text for people who do not explore.

    is there a summary of how Stoodle works somewhere? The link you have takes me to start a Classroom and immediately you are on a virtual whiteboard.

    This is new to me. I will investigate.

    Sweet Search is also new to me. A curated search engine designed for students. Again, put a link in your text.

    I tried SweetSearch with this query: Blogging impact on learning. I was not impressed with the results. Of course that was only one experiment. What did you search for and what results did you get? Answer in an additional comment here.

    "The great thing about this site you can use videos, pictures, and text all into your quizzes." Remove "all into" from this sentence. Since I abhor quizzes and tests and rely on products for evaluating students, I would probably never use quizzes. But it could be useful. Again, put a link into your text.

    The site itself has some problems. When I clicked on Create under Classic I got an error message saying the page was not on the site. Create under Advanced requested that i sign in or create an account. A minor problem but indicative of an unfinished or poorly designed site.

    ReplyDelete