Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My PLN & PDP

Winnie the Pooh thinking

Thought out this semester I have come across my useful resources. Many of those resources I have save and it is now a part of my PLN (Personal Learning Network). Here is a list of learning networks and social sites I have added to my PLN.

• Twitter

• Google Apps

• I Tunes U

• Blogger

• Symbaloo

• Stoodle

• Remind 101

I believe with some of these networking tools I will develop into a better teacher. Technology in the classroom is one of the important key things that is needed in the classroom. My PDP (Personal Development Plan) is to become a teacher that incorporates Project Based Learning more than traditional teaching. I will incorporate more videos and I will come up various ways to use the smart board. I will first ask my students open-ended questions first. It is my goal as a teacher to allow my students to think critically. I will not try to tell the students how to think or what to think. I will allow my students to work in groups more and use independent learning. When it comes to study session for my class I will create an account with stoodle. I will also use the technology to communicate with my students. I will use technology such as Skype and Google Hangout and Facebook page for my class so my students and parents can have various ways to reach me outside the classroom. I will also use technology to communicate with my parents. I will use remind 101 that is a text messaging system so that parents will be kept up to date all the time. As time counties on I hope to grow my PLN and PDP.

No comments:

Post a Comment