Thursday, April 10, 2014

C4T Semester Long

Comment # 1

My permanent teacher for the semester is Steve Anderson. Steve’s blog is entitled Blogging About the Web 2.0 Connected Classroom. I most recently commented on an old blog post about how to build a brand. He went on and listed that some things that a person can do to build a brand: Crate a Landing Page, Create a blog and Create a Social Media Profile. Blow is my comment I left for Steve.

Hello Steve,

I am so glad that you decided to write about how you manage to create a brand. So many teachers, I believe should do the same. It is nice to online and find a teacher that can give you helpful information. As teachers we should become a support system for each other. Not only should be a support system for each other but for our students as well. I would like to create a brand for myself in which it could be beneficial to teachers and students. For students I will place my power points as well as what is due for homework on the web site. As for teacher, I will form a private chat group and also a blog on my life as a science teacher. I hope my blog will be successful as yours one day.

Comment #2

Steve recently started blogging about things that were on his mind. He was inspired to start this type of series by one of his close friends who is a high school principal. Steve goes on to talk about twitter and even Jeff Gordon. Below is my comment I left for Steve.

Good Afternoon Steve,

To be totally honest Twitter is not for everyone. I am the type of person I not big into twitter but I try to because of my Educational Media Class. Social Media is one of those things in which it can become an addiction or you can make yourself develop a healthy liking for social media. I believe the 3D printer is going to become very successful within the classroom. Being a Biology teacher, I can use a 3D printer to help my students better understand the Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic cell. Also, they can use it for lab reports. Overall, when I am able to get the funding I will surely invest in a 3D printer.

Comment #3

Steve Anderson blog about his time at ASCD conference. While he was at the conference he walked away with many great ideas. However, he enjoyed the more hands on lectures vs. the traditional lecture style that most conferences revolve around. Steve went on to say how conferences need more hands on projects just like with students. Here is my comment on Steve's blog dealing with ASCD 2014.

Hello Steve,

I recently went to the NSTA conference in Charlotte, NC. The conferences were set up traditional lecture style. However, some of the lectures were fun and exciting. When I attend conferences I would want to see more of an open creative environment for every lecture I attend. The point of conferences is to walk away with fresh and creative ideas for your classroom. In my opinion, it is difficult for me to feel creative when they present it in a lecture type of environment.

Comment #4

Steve most recent blog post was he blogging about what was on his mind for the week. One thing that stood out to me on this blog post was how he said that blogging on the internet has become popular over going to a publishing companies. He also announced that the Edcamp USDOE has partnered with the Department of Education. Below is the comment that I left for Steve and his blog.

Hey Steve,

There are plenty of things that have me thinking this week. Your blog post this week was great and informative, as always. I agree with you that the internet has really become a more powerful tool to use instead of finding a publishing company. The evolution of blogging just proves that people really have a lot on their minds and there are people who agree with everything they say. Also, the Edcamp USDOE sounds like a great workshop to attend. I believe the more workshops that just pays attention to teaching, will help us become better teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment