Thursday, April 10, 2014

C4T Rotating

teacher holding a laptop that is open

Comment #1

John Spencer is the writer of the blog entitled Edrethink. In my opinion John gives a very informative blog post that I think that all teachers and future teachers should read. His blog post that I read was dealing with immigration and the effects that it has to do with students and living the “American Dream”. Below is the comment that I gave under John’s blog post entitled This Is What Happens When We Stay Quiet.

I believe that the American dream should not have an asterisk beside its name. Once that child has crossed that American border I believe they should be entitled to go to school like every child. As a future teacher, it really is not my business to care if that child is here illegally or not but to ensure that they receive a fair education. I believe the government should make special consideration that if a child grows up here in the United States and their parents are illegal they should have the right to go to college. If we are the country of the free and our country is built on immigrants then why not give those students a chance to go to college and earn their citizenship as true Americans.

Comment #2

Jenny She is a teacher in New Zealand who post blogs of herself but also her students interact with their very own blogs. Mrs. She blog post that I recently read about how her students interact with technology. She went on to say that her students went on and tried other things with the technological devices. Jenny was also amazed at how the students watched her without her realizing. This just proves that a teachers influence is very big in a child’s life. Below is the blog post comment I left.

Hello Mrs. She,

My name is T’Keyan Peoples and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama taking EDM 510. It is amazing how big of an impact teachers influence students. They watch everything we do even when we are not looking. I agree with you when it comes to positive comments on blog post. Positive blog post help influence and motivate the blogger. I love that you are excited about what your students are creating with the technology you are teaching them how to use. I believe as teachers we should be excited about everything that our students create with technology. Becoming excited about what our students create will inspire them to create even bigger and better things.

Comment #3

Dorothy Burt is the creator of the Manaiakalani Film Festival in New Zealand. This film festival displays students who have been working on various films across the Manaiakalani school district. She went on to say how the film festival has grown over the years. She also went on to say how the film festival will display various student movies in two theaters. Below is my comment that I left on Mrs. Burt blog post.

Hello Mrs. Burt,

My name is T’Keyan Peoples and I am a student in EDM 510 from the University of South Alabama. Congratulations on your film festival for being a successful another year. I enjoy the idea of seeing young people becoming creative with technology. It is also wonderful to view the world through the eyes of a child. I also enjoyed how you had a talent portion that afternoon to show other students various talents. I would like to see youth’s film festivals started here in the United States. I believe that it would bring the communities together along with supporting our youth. I hope you have another successful film festival this year. Hopefully, you could share some of the student’s videos with our Professor Dr. Strange and he can give us a link.

Comment #4

Scott McLeod, is the creator of the blog dangerously! Irrelevant. Scott’s blog post are very intriguing and dig deep inside the preparation of teaching. In his most recent blog post, Scott listed various things that he knew that newly graduated Education majors posed the tools to start teaching. Those tools they posed were: Project- and inquiry-based learning, Authentic, real-world work, Standards-based grading and competency-based education, 1:1 computing, Digital, online, and open access, online communities of interest, and Adaptive learning systems. He is my comment that I posted on his blog.

Hello Scott McLeod,

I believe that in our utopias every teacher is perfect and they try to work on all those building blocks for students. However, we all know that is not true. I believe every teacher lacks in some aspects in preparing their students for what it is really like in a class room. As a future teacher, the classes that I take, in my opinion, are based on a fantasy. I think that teacher preparation programs should teach future teachers how to teach a classroom full of repeaters that are in middle or high school. Also they should teach future teachers how to improvise your lesson plan if something goes wrong. I think that preparation should be more realistic and not based on an imaginary class room.

No comments:

Post a Comment